Ali Cobby-Eckermann is a celebrated poet who has just been awarded the inaugural Red Room Poetry Fellowship.
A proud Yankunytjatjara/Kokatha kunga woman, Ali hails from the Mid North town of Koolunga, and caught up with Anita on Flow FM for more.
Talking about her time in Koolunga, Ali described how this part of the country inspires her.
The Red Room Poetry Fellowship includes:
- $5000 poetic stipend “no strings”
- $1000 commission to create a suite of poems inspired by an existing Red Room project
- A two week residency at Bundanon Trust
- Travel assistance
- Paid professional employment (delivering up to 4 x poetic workshops)
- Opportunity to present a public address during the year-long Fellowship
- Highly visible publication of commissioned poem(s) on public transport
With a focus on making poetry accessible to everyone, Red Room Poetry seeks to reflect the diversity of Australian voices through various styles of poetry and through a range of languages and mediums.